Notice something odd?
Some of the books are turned around!
I used to think this was so weird. But while decorating my family room, I kept a strict color-scheme and my OCD was crying over my hoard of mix-matched books with not-so-pretty spines.
So, I flipped them around!
Would y’all flip your books around? Or would you feel like you’re hurting their feelings? (That was my issue 😂)
Some people, including myself, remove the jackets off of hardbacks! Go do it, you’ll be surprised by how pretty what’s underneath is.
Scouring the internet for ways to decorate with books, that won’t ultimately end up in an epic Pinterest Fail was fun. Here’s what I found.
-My Rainbow Bookshelf-
This was the start of my endeavor. In my local library there is a tiny little shop that sells books from a dollar to three. It was odd shopping for books by color and not by title, story, or author. But I still managed to find books that I intend to read. One day lol.
- Shelves are from IKEA, I spray painted the brackets gold. As well as the silver plant pot.
- The pink and gold vase is from At Home, and only like 8 bucks or something.
- The black and white polka dot plant is from 5 Below, and you guessed it, the pot cost 5 bucks. Plant included.
- The vintage teeny tiny clock and black and white striped box are both from Hobby Lobby, totaling in at about 11 dollars.
- The ‘THINK’ Rae Dunn paper weight was a gift, but can be found at Marshall’s. Just get there early because professional Rae Hunters are always on the prowl.
- And the mirror is from Ross! I never shop at Ross, but I was feeling froggy. Only cost me 24 bucks!
So, minus the mirror, the entire project cost about forty-five dollars. Not too shabby for an entire corner being transformed.
Visit the sign makers FB : Scrapalicious LLC