8. Do you read one book at a time, or several? I try to read two, but one always takes the lead. It’s like they’re fighting for my affection and I have to choose.
9. What is your favorite book you’ve read this year? Shit. This is an unfair question… Unknown by Wendy Higgins.
10. What is your least favorite book you’ve read this year? Eek. I’ve had a pretty good year. But if I HAD to choose, Dirty Secret by Chelle Bliss and Rothert.
11. What is your reading comfort zone? Horror. I like a touch of gore and heevy jeevies, but I can’t do an entire book of it.
12. How often do you read outside of your comfort zone? I started reading memoirs this year, so that was a step out of my comfort zone. And i’m glad I did! I really loved Talking as Fast as I can: From Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between. Seriously the longest title ever. I laughed out loud on multiple accounts, and she gave REALLY good advice. Like don’t buy bell bottom pants every time they come back in style, they’re literally the same ones as five years ago with a little tweak. That’s not even a tweak.
14. Do you lend out books? No. I’ll lend you my kidney before I lend you my book.
15. Do you dog-ear books? Yes. I’m a monster.
16. Do you write in the margins of books? AH! NO! That’s where I draw the line. Natural causes are fine. Example: Dropping spaghetti on your book, accidentally dropping it in the bath. THAT gives my books character. Or so I tell myself.
17. What makes you love a book? If it makes me cry, laugh or teaches me a valuable lesson.
18. What will inspire you to recommend a book? I have my usual books I recommend based on a persons favorite genre. But if I know you personally, I try and suggest something that will inspire you, or make you happy. Like, if a friend is going through a hard time, i’ll suggest a book that has a story-line that will make them feel better and pertains to what they’re struggling with. Whether it be a break-up, or the “mommy-blues”. There’s a fiction book for every type of problem.
19. What is the one book you will always recommend to everyone? Angelfall by Susan Ee. It’s the best. Angels, gore, romance, action, lots of laughs. It’s the best dystopia book EVER.
20. Is there a book you love that nobody else seems to? – YES! No one loves Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead. Makes me so mad! It’s amazeballs, y’all! She is a Succubus who works at a bookstore, and all of her friends are sassy flamboyant vampires. And it’s one of the most epic love stories I’ve ever read.
21. Do you read while you are: Eating? Taking a bath? Watching TV? Listening to music? On the computer? On the bus? I can’t read while listening to music, it’s too distracting. But yes to all of the others. I’ll read anywhere, even on the potty. Another reason why you probably shouldn’t borrow my books.
22. What is your favorite genre to read? PARANORMAL ROMANCE!!!!! Twilight started it all. I have no shame.
23. What genre do you rarely read, but wish you read more of? Non-Fiction, but it’s difficult for me to get wrapped up in. I like my drama fake and with happy endings. I can’t help it.
24. What is your favorite biography? Lauren Graham AKA Lorelai Gilmore.
25. What is your favorite non-fiction? Surviving the Angel of Death. A haunting tale of twin sisters who were experimented on during the Holocaust.