Book: Unrest, # 2 of 3
Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Science Fiction, Post-Apocalyptic
My Review in a Nutshell:
I go to sleep at 9:00 pm every night. Unrest had me awake until 3:00 am! I haven’t done that in YEARS. YEARS, I tell you. Let’s do this bullet style.
- The romance was sizzling; I hope Wendy writes NA until the end of time.
- Pace & tension of Unrest is 10x as much as Unknown, my heart could barely handle it.
- The comradery of their tight knit group is beautiful.
- It doesn’t take long for the proverbial poo to hit the fan in ALL aspects of the story.
- Character development is heart-wrenching and realistic; considering what they’ve been through… I’m even more in love with all of the characters.
In conclusion, Unrest is the perfect mixture of romance, war, and turmoil. This balance can be tricky, but Unrest went off without a hitch! This book is SEXY AS HELL! And scary as hell; I’ve had apocalyptic nightmares for weeks. Still, totally worth it.
Being on the run in the desert means food and sanctuary are hard to come by, but Amber Tate and her crew are not about to give up. Not after having the things they love brutally ripped from them by an unknown enemy who sent their world into the apocalypse. Survival takes precedence, but once safe shelter is found, their guards fall and the emotions they’ve been holding in are finally released. Anger, insecurities…lust. In their tight quarters, Amber, Rylen, Tater, and Remy can’t escape it. The past must be faced, and passions run even stronger in the darkest of times. In the midst of unrest, their worlds are rocked again when they discover the truth about the war that’s ruined their lives. They thought finding out the enemy’s identity would give them the edge; instead it’s revealed terrifying dangers they never thought possible.
“I felt very small and fragile at that moment. Like we were all standing on landmines.”